webOS 1.3.1 New Features
webOS 1.3.1 brings many enhancements and improvements to the various aspects of the phone such as camera, video, email, music, system, security and more.
The more notable ones include:
- After taking a picture, if you tap the picture thumbnail in the lower-left corner of the camera screen, the picture now opens in full-screen view, not Thumbnails view. Making the back gesture returns you to the camera.
- Widescreen videos now display in widescreen mode on the phone by default, instead of being cropped.
- If you tap to play a YouTube video embedded on a web page, the YouTube application launches and the video plays in the app.
- Yahoo! IM is available as an instant messaging account.
- You can select a unique ringtone for new message alerts: Open Messaging > application menu > Preferences & Accounts > Sound > Ringtone.
- Forwarded and replied-to messages include improved formatting, such as the original sender’s email address in forwarded messages and correct inline image display in replies.
- If you have multiple Exchange accounts, doing a Global Address List (GAL) contact lookup searches all the accounts.
- If an Exchange 2003 implementation requires a password, you can select an alphanumeric (strong) password even if the server does not require a strong password.
- If you are on a call, calendar notifications no longer partially cover the End Call icon.
- If you select the Simple PIN Secure Unlock option, you can now enter a numeric PIN of more than four digits.
- If you change the apps in Quick Launch, after a backup and partial erase, the new apps still appear in Quick Launch. Previously, Quick Launch reverted to the default apps.